The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has claimed that for the past two days, the pro-Russian armed forces stationed in Crimea have been disrupting the country’s mobile communications. As we wrote this story, we also found that Ukrainian news sites have been deface by pro-Russian hackers.
According to a report in RBK Ukraine, the “IP-telephonic” attack is being aimed at members of the parliament and the new leadership of the country, irrespective of their political allegiance.
At a briefing on Tuesday, SBU chief Valentin Nalivaychenko told the media that the phones belonging to the members of the Verkhovna Rada – the Ukrainian parliament – were being disrupted from Crimea, using illegally installed equipment.
Ukrtelecom previously reported that since 28 February, unidentified armed forces had captured several key telecommunications facilities in Crimea, and physically damaged some of the equipment. The company warned that this incident could cause service interruptions across the country.
What do you know about IT in Russia? Take our quiz!
But will Beijing or ByteDance allow sale? Amazon joins potential bidders for TikTok in US,…
Elon Musk dismisses report that Trump told cabinet that he expects Musk to leave his…
Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly lobbying President Donald Trump for a settlement to avoid antitrust trial…
As global markets reel from Trump's tariffs, the price of Bitcoin slides as investors seek…
Semiconductor imports are free of Trump's tariff war, but concerns remain over imports of smartphones…